A great traditional to try !
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
- 1 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 750-ml. bottle Pinot Noir or Syrah, chilled
- 1 nectarine, pitted and sliced
1. In a 1-quart glass measuring cup combine lime peel, lime juice, and sugar; add water to equal 4 cups. Stir to dissolve sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. To serve, place ice in six 16-ounce glasses. Add 2/3 cup of the lime juice mixture to each glass. Pouring along side of glass, slowly add 1/2 cup wine. Thread nectarine slices on skewers and add to glasses. The Spanish drinks recipe is ready to serves 6 persons.